IMPORTANT EVENT FOR ALL HEIGHTS SENIORS!!!
Seniors, are you and/or your parents wanting help to complete the FAFSA? If so, attend Height's FAFSA Completion Night on Monday, October 21st from 5:00-7:00 PM in the Heights Library. Mr. Ghitis and several volunteers will be there to assist any senior and his/her parents with compelting the FAFSA, as well as answer any questions you may have about the process. The event is come-and-go; you will not need to stay the entire time.
In order to complete the FAFSA, parents AND students will need to bring the following to the event:
- Your Social Security Number. (Undocumented students are not eligible to complete the FAFSA)
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your 2018 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. ...
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
IMPORTANT: ALL seniors will need to complete the FAFSA in order to passcard next semester, so this event will go a long way towards fulfilling your passcard requirements! Remember, you are not eligible to complete the FAFSA until October 1st. See Mr. Ghitis with any questions.
Attention ALL Juniors!
As mentioned in your History classes, don't forgot to sign up to attend the Future's Fair on Tuesday, October 15! In order to attend the fair, you MUST register to attend the event. When you register, you will get a bar-code which will allow colleges to scan your information. You can either print off the bar-code or let the colleges scan it from you phone.
In order to register, do following steps:
1. Click here to go to the website.
2. Click on the state of Kansas.
3. Find the "Future's Fair" in Wichita, KS on page 3.
4. Check the "Attending" box, then click on Register.
5. Fill out your information.
You can chose to print your bar-code, or you can take a screen shot of it on your phone. Either way will work.
ALL juniors who attend the Future's Fair must complete this step. Remember, if you forgot to turn in your permission slip to your teacher, please drop it off in my room in C103.
After speaking with various employers/organizations at the Heights Career Fair, the CCC has learned of numerous job opportunities made available for high school graduates! See below to access job flyers for the various members around the community:
Attention All Heights Parents:
Heights students will now have access to a FREE ACT Prep Class through Edgenuity, USD 259’s provider of K-12 online education. All students grades 9-12 will have access to this free course through their Single-Sign On-Rapid ID portal. In order to use this class, your student will need to meet with the College and Career Coordinator, Mr. Ghitis, to be enrolled in this online class. This class is not for a grade and cannot be used to earn credit. Tell your student to meet with Mr. Ghitis to start preparing for the ACT today!
Students, are you interested in FREE ACT prep? If so, check out Sylvan Learning Center! Sylvan Learning Center offeres the following free resources to students:
FREE Practice ACT.
FREE Presentation in ACT test-taking tips.
FREE Advanced Reading Skills Diagnostic assessment.
- This assessment is a great diagnostic tool to help students who have difficulty finishing the ACT on time.
FREE Diagnostic days at the center.
- Sylvan has regularly scheduled diagnostic assessments at the center that can help students understand their scores and find out the root causes and how to better prepare for the ACT.
All of these can be done with a group of friends or by yourself. To schedule an appointment, call
Sylvan Learning Center
8343 E 32nd St N #125A, Wichita, KS 67226