Read each column below and see which column best describes you.
The Science Magnet is for students...
1. Considering a career in the Engineering, Computer Science or Medicine fields.
NEM has an excellent pre-college program for students wanting to major Health Sciences, Engineering or other related degree programs in college.
2. That love Math and Science classes
Students have an opportunity to earn over 11 credits in math and science as well as complete credit at Wichita State University and other local colleges and universities.
Students will complete math classes to at least the Algebra 3 level.
3. That want an academically challenging high school experience
While many of the classes at NEM are not labeled 'Honors' our advanced Junior and Senior classes are indeed at that level and should be expected to be college-prep.
If you agreed with everything above
you have the...
Click Green Light
The Science Magnet is NOT for students...
1. That are not willing to give 110%.
If you're not willing to try, think outside the box and are eager to learn, then NEM may not be the school for you. The science program is very rigorous and students should expect to be challenged.
2. Wanting to be at a 'safe' school or someone that doesn't want to go to their base school!
While you are at NEM you are expected to complete the curriculum in the magnet area you select.
Students that do not like Science will NOT be successful!!!
3. That are only coming because their sibling did.
Just because your brother or sister came to NEM, doesn't make it the best fit for you.
You MUST have an interest in the magnet area. ALL students are expected to complete the magnet classes and projects.
If you agreed with anything above you may want to...
Click Red Light