Hello Titan Family!
We are excited to welcome our students back and look forward to a new, exciting year at South High. We have overcome many obstacles in the last few months, and are TITAN TOUGH, TITAN PROUD, AND TITAN STRONG!
There are several critical enrollment details that I need to share with you so we can be prepared to welcome your student to a great year of learning this fall:
- In-person Enrollment: We will offer in-person enrollment next week (July 27 and 28, noon to 7pm; July 29, 8am to 3pm). These sessions will support families who are not able to complete enrollment or pay fees online. However, you DO NOT NEED to come to in-person enrollment to complete the process if you can do so online.
- In-person enrollment will be held at the building. However, due to the rising concerns with the Coronavirus, and safety concerns for families and staff, families will remain in their vehicles. ONE parent and ONE student ONLY. We understand this may slow down the process and increase wait time. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to use the online enrollment and payment system.
- Counselors will NOT be available. No ID’s will be printed. No parking permits will be issued.
- The following schedule is recommended:
- Monday – Noon to 3:30pm – Seniors
- Monday – 3:30pm – 7:00pm – Juniors
- Tuesday – Noon to 3:30pm – Sophomores
- Tuesday – 3:30pm – 7:00pm – Freshman
- Wednesday – All
- You will be able to enroll multiple students at one location (you will not need to go to every school if you have children attending different schools).
- Online Enrollment: If you’d like to save yourself a trip to school, you can go online and complete the entire enrollment process from the comfort of your home – and you can use a computer or your mobile phone! Just go to www.usd259.org/enroll and you will find the link as well as other helpful information.
- School Start Date: Our district’s final plan for the school year, complete with safety provisions, will be approved on Thursday, July 30. This is when we will receive final guidance on when the first day of school will occur.
- Technical Enrollment Support: The Enrollment Help Line is available July 27-August 7 from 9am to 7:30pm. Call 973-4285 to get help with your enrollment-related questions.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Applications: The application form for Free and Reduced Meal benefits is now available online, regardless of your child’s enrollment status or grade level. Please visit the Titan Parent Portal to submit the information required for your child to benefit from this important program.
If you have any school-specific questions about enrollment, please contact us at 973-5450. If you have questions for our district about enrollment, please call 973-4285, or send your question by email to email@example.com.
This will definitely be a year of learning for all of us as we prepare teachers to teach and students to learn in the safest environment possible. We may not have all of the answers you need when you have questions for us, but we will work to get those answers for you. I hope that we can all show one another grace and patience as we move through this process and begin the year. Please know that the entire team at South will do everything possible to support you and your child.