WPS students celebrated at Congressional Art Show
Seven WPS high school students recently had artwork recognized in the Kansas 4th Congressional District Art Show at Mark Arts.
Each spring, a nationwide high school art competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Artistic Discovery contest is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in our congressional district, as well as the nation.
Southeast High School sophomore Davey Schmidt won second place in the show for his acrylic, “Abstract Wichita Cityscape.”
Northeast Magnet junior Brooklyn Hicks won the People’s Choice Award for her mixed media piece, “My Peace.”
Five other WPS students received Honorable Mentions:
- Ciara Abong’o, "A Lot On My Mind," Mixed Media, Wichita High School East
- Nichelle Tran, "Feeling Red," Photography, Wichita High School East
- Adanya DeVries, "Red Bird in the Grove," Watercolor, Wichita Northeast Magnet
- Madison Chichester, "Kisses," Pencil, Wichita High School Northwest
- Tristen Chandavong, "The Gold She Wears," Mixed Media, Wichita High School Southeast