Important Enrollment Info
Greetings Southeast Families,
This is Mr. Mitchell your proud, new principal at Southeast High School
I am excited to be sending you this message about online and in-person enrollment.
“Resilience is not a single skill, but a variety of skills that help us cope with the bumps in the road of life.”
That quote is for students, staff, and families of Southeast High School who are trying their best to stay positive and optimistic during these very strange times we’re living in.
There are several critical enrollment details that I need to share with you so we can be prepared to welcome your student to a great year of learning this fall:
- In-person Enrollment: We will offer in-person enrollment next week (July 27 and 28, noon to 7pm and July 29, 8am to 3pm). These sessions will support families who are not able to complete enrollment or pay fees online. However, you DO NOT NEED to come to in-person enrollment to complete the process if you can do so online.
- We will be handing out instructions to complete your online enrollment on your cellphone in your car for all families who show up for in-person enrollment.
- These instructions include enrollment, free/reduced lunch application, and fee payment
- We are strongly encouraging all parents to complete all enrollment online for your safety and ours
- We will only be allowing 45 total people in the building at a time.
- Only one adult per family will be welcomed into the building to complete the enrollment process to help reduce the total number of people in the space at any time. Students do not need to be present to complete the enrollment process.
- Face masks will be required when entering the building; a disposable mask will be provided if you do not have your own. We will also have signs and staff to help guide you safely through this in-person process.
- You will be able to enroll multiple students at one location (you will not need to go to every school if you have children attending different schools).
- If you enroll in-person you will need to bring proof of address
- Parents who start the online enrollment process must complete it
- Fee payments are standardized; parents will have to click on the “EVENTS” & “ACTIVITIES” button to pay fees
- Parents with students at multiple schools must finish their first students enrollment to start any others
- Online Enrollment: If you’d like to save yourself a trip to school, you can go online and complete the entire enrollment process from the comfort of your home – and you can use a computer or your mobile phone! Just go to www.usd259.org/enroll and you will find the link as well as other helpful information.
- School Start Date: Our Board of Education has requested that the school year start on either September 8 or 9, after Labor Day. We still must satisfy the state mandate of 1,116 hours for students in the schedule. Our district calendar committee will meet next week to discuss, and we will know on July 30 when this school year will begin.
- Technical Enrollment Support: The Enrollment Help Line is available July 27-August 7 from 9am to 7:30pm. Call 973-4285 to get help with your enrollment-related questions.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Applications: The application form for Free and Reduced Meal benefits is now available online, regardless of your child’s enrollment status or grade level. Please visit the Titan Parent Portal to submit the information required for your child to benefit from this important program.
- (IF YOU ARE AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL) Latchkey: In order to be considered for our school’s latchkey program, you will need to complete the registration forms on paper. Packs will be available for pick up tomorrow (Friday) from 8am to 5pm at one of our five summer latchkey locations – McCollom, Christa McAuliffe Academy, Horace Mann, College Hill or Enterprise. Packets are also available online at www.usd259.org/latchkey. You can drop your completed paper packet off at school next week during enrollment hours. We will receive it, number the order in which packets are received, then be back in touch with you soon to let you know about your student’s enrollment status.
If you have any school-specific questions about enrollment, please contact us at 973-2700. If you have questions for our district about enrollment, please call 973-4285, or send your question by email to email@example.com.
This will definitely be a year of learning for all of us as we prepare teachers to teach and students to learn in the safest environment possible. We may not have all of the answers you need when you have questions for us, but we will work to get those answers for you. I hope that we can all show one another grace and patience as we move through this process and begin the year. Please know that the entire team at Southeast High School will do everything possible to support you and your child.
Proud Principal, Southeast High School