Recuerde que puede utilizar la herramienta de traducción en la parte superior de la página para leer esta información en español.
Free Summer Meals
All sites will be closed on Monday, July 4th. Some sites may be closed on additional dates.
Free Meals - Information
- Breakfast and lunch will be available at many different locations across the city of Wichita
- No application or registration is required!
- All locations offer grab & go meals
- Each child will receive a boxed lunch as well as a to-go breakfast for the following day
- A few sites serve lunch only; they are noted on the list below
- Children do not need to be present
- Yard signs & large yellow signs are used to indicate which door to enter for meal service
- Menus are subject to change. Menus are available online at https://wps.yumyummi.com.
- The meals served are healthy and follow USDA nutrition guidelines.
- Breakfast will include: 1 serving grain, 1 serving fruit or juice and 1 serving milk
- Lunch will include: 1 serving grain, 1 serving meat/meat alternative, 1 serving fruit, 1 serving vegetable, 1 serving milk
- Meat/meat alternative may include: yogurt, cheese stick, and other protein sources
- Lunches are boxed lunches, with a hot entree offered on most days.
- Meals are free for all children ages 1-18. Adults are welcome to purchase a meal
- Adult breakfast price: $2.75
- Adult lunch price: $4.75
- Please bring exact change; site staff do not carry money
- See a list of our frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the summer meal program? The summer meal program is a USDA funded program and is designed to provide kids and teens ages 1-18 with healthy meals during the summer months when school is out of session.
Where do I go to get free meals? Yard signs will be used, at each site, to direct children and parents to the correct door. Doors will be marked with bright yellow signs. A map of all sites, inlcuding address, dates and times is located here.
Do meals have to be eaten onsite? No, this year due to federal program waivers, grab & go meals will be served. Each child will receive a boxed lunch as well as a to-go breakfast for the following day.
Do children need to be present? No, this year due to federal program waivers, parents or guardians may pick up meals for children without children being present. Parents and guardians may be asked a few questions to verify the number of students in their household an ensure the children have not already received meals for that particular day.
What are the requirements for my child or teen to receive a meal? There is no application or registration required to receive a meal. You do not need to provide proof of income, residency or citizenship. Just show up!
Is there a cost? No. All summer meals offered through the USDA's program are free to all children, ages 1-18.
Can adults eat free summer meals? Meals are intended for kids and teens. However, adults are welcome to purchase a meal. Breakfast is $2.75 and lunch is $4.75. Please bring exact change as site staff do not carry change.
What kind of meal is served? The meals served are healthy and follow USDA nutrition guidelines. Menus are available at wps.yumyummi.com
Who funds free summer meals? Summer meals programs are federally funded by the USDA through the Summer Food Service Program.