Recuerde que puede utilizar la herramienta de traducción en la parte superior de la página para leer esta información en español.
Free summer meals for children and teens at several locations across Wichita.
New this summer: Due to a change in federal regulations, children must be present to receive a meal. All meals must be consumed onsite.
Free Summer Meals
All sites will be closed on Monday, July 4th. Some sites may be closed on additional dates (which will be advertised at the site)
Free Meals - Information
- Breakfast and lunch will be available at many different locations across the city of Wichita
- No application or registration is required!
- Any child in the community can participate; you do not need to be a Wichita Public Schools student
- Meals must be consumed on-site; Children can take one fruit or grain from their meal off-site to eat later
- Children must be present; parents and guardians can no longer pick up meals on behalf of their kids
- Yard signs & large yellow signs are used to indicate which door to enter for meal service
- Menus are subject to change. Menus, ingredients and allergen information is available online at https://wps.yumyummi.com.
- Breakfast Menu can also be downloaded here
- Lunch Menu can also be downloaded here
- Ingredient lists for packaged unlabled Nutrition Services Food for Self Service
- The meals served are healthy and follow USDA nutrition guidelines.
- Breakfast will include: 1 serving grain, 1 serving fruit or juice and 1 serving milk
- Lunch will include: 1 serving grain, 1 serving meat/meat alternative, 1 serving fruit, 1 serving vegetable, 1 serving milk
- Meat/meat alternative may include: yogurt, cheese stick, and other protein sources
- Lunches are boxed lunches, with a hot entree offered on most days.
- Meals are free for all children ages 1-18. Adults are welcome to purchase a meal
- Adult breakfast price: $3.00
- Adult lunch price: $5.00
- Please bring exact change; site staff do not carry money
- See a list of our frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the summer meal program? The summer meal program is a USDA funded program and is designed to provide kids and teens ages 1-18 with healthy meals during the summer months when school is out of session.
Where do I go to get free meals? Yard signs will be used, at each site, to direct children and parents to the correct door. Doors will be marked with bright yellow signs. A map of all sites, inlcuding address, dates and times is coming soon.
What are the requirements for my child or teen to receive a meal? There is no application or registration required to receive a meal. You do not need to provide proof of income, residency or citizenship. Just show up!
Is there a cost? No. All summer meals offered through the USDA's program are free to all children, ages 1-18.
Do meals have to be eaten onsite? Yes, due to federal regulations, all meals must be consumed on-site. Children can take one fruit or grain from their meal off-site to eat later.
Do children need to be present? Yes, due to changes at the federal level, parents and guardians can no longer pick up meals on behalf of their kids and meals must be consumed onsite.
Can adults eat free summer meals? Meals are intended for kids and teens. However, adults are welcome to purchase a meal. Breakfast is $3.00 and lunch is $5.00. Please bring exact change as site staff do not carry change.
What kind of meal is served? The meals served are healthy and follow USDA nutrition guidelines. Menus are available at wps.yumyummi.com
Who funds free summer meals? Summer meals programs are federally funded by the USDA through the Summer Food Service Program.